Saturday, March 19, 2016

Critiques

This week in class, we received several critiques from our classmates on how to improve our film. Some of the suggestions have been very helpful such as the use of dim lighting when the criminal of film has been caught, or the use of a dark score when he hears his name on the news. A person also told me that the use of a voiceover or the breaking of a fourth wall would be an effective tool in the film however I disagree with this. I think that narration is overused in film and I find many problems with it. I feel that narration spoon feeds the audience too much and actually takes away from the story instead of just living in the moment of the film. I was also given the advice to film the scenes of the story out of order in a Quentin Tarentino type fashion. The idea is an interesting thought, however I'm unsure if I'll be able to create the movie to the best of my likings if I'm quickly rushing at least three different scenes into two minutes. All of these suggestions have been none the less helpful and I'll be sure to incorporate various aspects into my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment