Saturday, March 12, 2016

Genre

After exploring several genres, I have decided to go on the route of crime-thiller. I came to choose this genre through my overall interest in movies and TV shows about crime and how captivating criminals are to the average viewer. I wanted to make a film that brings this interest to the viewer and leaves them only wanting more after the opening scene. After making my selection, I had to find what methods and components make a crime-thriller movie. According to flavorwire.com, a well constructed crime movie contains dim lighting to set the melancholy, dark view of the film along with a twist in the end that the audience does not see coming. I hope to incorporate these aspects in my film in order to create a memorable and thrilling movie.

Larson, Bethany. "How to Make a Successful Crime Thriller." Flavorwire How to Make a Successful CrimeThriller Comments. N.p., 05 Mar. 2010. Web. 06 Apr. 2016. <http://flavorwire.com/75289/how-to-make-a-successful-crime-thriller-film>.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this post should have been your first one since the "rough draft" one already implicitly told me that you were doing a crime-thriller film opening. In the process of finding the story, one must first find the genre first before developing the story and with the order of these two posts, it seems that you did the opposite. It looks like you have really done your research over how sound is used and how they specifically have to be timed for the best effect as well as gaining the knowledge of how criminals plan out their atrocities. When I first saw this blog I didn't see a website that talks about making a crime-thriller movie since it seemed that the template for this website was not edited at all. I highly suggest you decorate your blog; add some three-dimensional flare to it; I promise your website will capture more attention if you make it blend in to your story. I wish you good luck in filming this!

    ReplyDelete