Friday, March 25, 2016

Sound and Score

An important aspect in suspenseful thrillers is the music and score that is used within the piece. Music in thrillers helps the viewer understand the mood of the scene and the characters, while hinting at the significant parts of the film, adding suspense and tension at any given moment. I am pursuing the different options of using this for my movie. I wonder if I should search for license free music made by professional audio engineers or possibly find a suspenseful score written by a professional musician and email him or her asking if I may use their work for a project. I am also thinking about taking a different spin on this and using software programs such as guitar band or FL studio in order to personally create and distort sounds to the vision that I am seeking in my head.

1 comment:

  1. I strongly believe you have in mind the perfect tone of the movie. You clearly understand the importance of sound (particularly in thrillers) and will achieve in keeping the viewers at the edge of their seats. I think creating a score would be a bit difficult, so I suggest sooner than later you ask for permission to utilize songs! If time allows, however, I encourage you to try and create the sounds you had in mind. Besides this, I suggest you make use of lighting wisely. Try to make an eerie atmosphere by playing around with lights, leaning towards dark. Maybe, to add even more suspense, you could limit dialogue (if any at all) so that the viewer initially has to interpret what is occurring and use foreshadowing to depict the rest of the movie.

    ReplyDelete