Thursday, March 31, 2016

Gaining Experience

My two older brothers are amateur film makers and this week they asked me if I could help them with their latest project. For the past couple of weeks they have been filming a horror thriller movie and they were just about to finish the project, except they were missing one key component: the score. They wanted to have some erie music played in the background along with some discomforting stings and suspenseful rises to intensify the story in their short film. They came to me asking if I knew how to do anything of that sort and with my background in various instruments and musical programs I was happy to help. I spent a couple of days engineering some odd sounds together. With my software program FL Studio, I put in some string instruments ranging from very low to high notes as well as some organs and piano in minor keys in order to darken the mood for the film along with reverb and echoing sound effects. After it was completed and put into the film, I'd say things came out pretty well and my brothers were happy with what I had made. I was hoping with this experience that I may be able to incorporate a score into my film as well, as I believe I'll have a better idea of what I am looking for if I design the sounds myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment